- 2 red apples
- 4 tbsp sugar
For the pastry
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Non-stick spray/butter
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Using your Chopaholic Oriental 3 Piece Chef's Knife Set with Professional Bamboo Knife Block and Chopping Board, cut your apples into half, remove the core and slice thinly.
- Transfer your apples to a microwave-safe bowl, add 2 tbsp sugar and shake gently to distribute the sugar.
- Microwave the apples for 90 seconds on high then allow them to rest for 10 mins.
- Drain any juice from the cooled apples into a bowl and set both aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface and cut your puff pastry into long rectangular strips.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the pastry strip with a generous teaspoon of the sugar mixture. Arrange the apple slices on the top edge of the pastry, overlapping the apples and ensuring the skin side sticks over the top edge. Fold up the remaining pastry, then roll it up like a snail. Pinch it on the end to seal it. Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Lightly grease your Whatever Pan then place the apple roses into it.
- Bake for 40 mins until golden brown.
- While waiting, prepare the syrup. Mix together the maple syrup and apple juice. Microwave for 90 seconds then set aside.