- 225g/8oz plain chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp strong instant coffee powder
- 5 free-range eggs, separated
- 140g/5oz caster sugar
- Icing sugar, for dusting
For the filling
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 3 tbsp almond praline paste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In your Jean Patrique Saucepan, melt the chocolate on low heat with the coffee and 85ml/3fl oz water.
- In your Jean Patrique Plastic Mixing Bowls(medium), beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks.
- In your Jean Patrique Plastic Mixing Bowls(small), whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Line your Whatever Pan with some baking parchment and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 12 mins until the top is browned and firm to the touch.
- Allow it to cool.
- Make the filling by whipping the cream and the almond praline paste together.
- Place the cooled cake on some baking paper and assemble by spreading the filling on the bottom side of the cake.
- Roll it using the baking paper for some help and refrigerate overnight.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.