- 1.7kg/60oz duck
For the honey syrup mixture
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 150ml/5fl. oz Shaohsing rice wine/dry Sherry
- 20 shop-bought Chinese pancakes
- Spring onion, sliced
- Hoisin sauce
- Squeeze the lemon into your Whatever Pan. Pour in the honey, dark soy sauce, rice wine and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 20 mins.
- Prepare the duck by rinsing it with water then blotting it completely dry.
- Pour your prepared syrup all over the duck. Do this several times until the skin is evenly coated all over.
- Place the duck in the fridge overnight to dry out. Be sure to leave the duck uncovered for best results.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 240°C/475°F.
- Add 150ml/5fl. oz to your Whatever Pan. This will prevent the fat from splattering.
- Roast the duck for 15 mins. Then, reduce the heat to 180°C/350°F and roast for another 70 minutes.
- Flambé with a high-alcohol spirit of your choice for extra flavour and crispiness. This step is optional.
- Allow the duck to rest for 10 minutes, then cut it into pieces.
- Assemble with the pancakes, spring onions and Hoisin sauce. Enjoy!