For the Pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- 2 cups scallions, thinly sliced
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp scallion greens, finely sliced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil
- In your Jean Patrique Plastic Mixing Bowls, mix your flour and ¾ of the boiling water until it forms a dough. Slowly, add a tablespoon of water at a time to the dough if needed.
- Flour your surface and knead the dough until it forms a smooth ball.
- Place the dough into your Jean Patrique Plastic Mixing Bowl, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 30 mins at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by mixing all the dipping sauce ingredients ensuring that sugar has thoroughly dissolved.
- Divide your dough into four even pieces.
- Work with one ball at a time. Lightly flour your worktop and roll out your dough into a disk about 20cm/8inches in diameter. Spread a thin layer of sesame oil. Roll the disk up, then twist it so that forms a tight spiral and tuck the end underneath it.
- Roll it out again and spread another thin layer of sesame oil, this time sprinkling the scallions onto the disk. Roll up and twist as you did the first time.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Add some oil to your Stonetastic Granite Non-Stick Frying Pans and heat on medium until it is simmering.
- Slip the pancake carefully into the oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Allow any excess oil to drain by placing the pancake on a kitchen towel.
- Repeat with the other pancakes.
- Serve while hot and crispy with the dipping sauce.