- 6 tortillas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp plain/all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock/broth
- 1.5 cups (375ml) tomato puree
- 600g/1.2 lb chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 400g/14oz refried beans
- ¼ cup (65ml) water
- 400g/14oz canned corn, drained
- 1 cup (100g) cheese, shredded (Monterey Jack or Cheddar)
- 1.5 cups (150g) cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp coriander/cilantro, roughly chopped
- Mix the Enchilada Seasoning Spices. To be used for the filling and sauce.
- Heat oil in your Whatever Pan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 20 seconds. Add the chicken stock, tomato puree and a tsp of enchilada seasoning.
Cook for 4 minutes, whisking regularly, until the sauce thickens to the consistency of thick syrup. Remove from the stove.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil, mix to coat. Sprinkle with the Enchilada seasoning, toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in your clean Whatever Pan over high heat and cook the chicken breasts. Cook for 3 minutes then turn and cook it for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, rest 2 minutes and chop the chicken horizontally.
- Then saute the onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Add the refried beans, water, corn and cook for 5 minutes. Then Add your chicken pieces.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce reduces slightly. Should be thick and juicy, not watery.
ASSEMBLE AND BAKE
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Lay a tortilla on a work surface. Spread 2/3 cup of filling on the lower third of the tortilla, sprinkle with cheese then roll up, finishing with the seam side down (to hold it closed). Repeat to make 6.
- Smear a scoop of Enchilada sauce across the base of the Whatever Pan.
- Place the Enchiladas in the pan, pour over the remaining sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with coriander!