Marinated Peri Peri Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks
Cooking time: 45 minutes
For 4 persons
- 1kg/2.2lb of chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 15g/2.5 tbsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30g/2 tbsp orange juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 7g/1.5 tsp sea salt
- 30g/1 oz. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 7g/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15g/2 tbsp cup oregano
- 15g/1 cube butter
- Add the chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Add oregano, lemon zest, garlic, sweet paprika, sea salt, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil. Mix well and let marinate for 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/392ºF.
- Preheat your Whatever Pan and once hot, add olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter is melted and the skillet is hot, add chicken skin side down and cook undisturbed on medium high heat for 4 minutes, or until chicken is nicely browned.
- Flip chicken over (skin side up) and move the pan to the oven. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 200ºC/392ºF.
- Remove from the oven, ensure that the chicken is cooked through and serve!