- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp pepper mix
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 carrots, chopped into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150g/5.3oz mushrooms
- 100g/3.5oz basmati and wild rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Parmesan
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a bowl, combine the chicken thighs with the coriander, thyme, garlic, pepper mix, oregano, salt and olive oil. Toss until well coated.
- Add your chicken thighs to the Whatever Pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook the other side, for about 10 minutes in total. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Start frying the butter in the Whatever Pan, add the carrots, onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until the veggies are soft. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add the rice and the chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook the rice for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the vegetables, heavy cream and Parmesan. Mix well, then add the chicken back to the pan.
- Serve the chicken over the rice and garnish with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.