- 100 gr fresh coconut
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, crushed
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 1 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves and star anise
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 24 large king prawns
- 1 ½ tbsp mild curry powder
- 400 ml can full fat thick coconut milk
- White rice, to serve
- Toast the coconut in your frying pan and add the sunflower oil. Stir until it becomes a paste and add the garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Cook on low heat for about 7 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the pan occasionally to remove any crust.
- Add the pineapple, anise, cinnamon, brown sugar, king prawns, curry powder and coconut milk.
- Simmer until prawns are cooked and serve with rice.