- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 500-600g/1.1-1.3 lbs pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 spring onions, cut into lengths, green tops finely sliced to serve
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 100g/0.2lbs mangetout, cut into strips
- Combine the Hoisin sauce, dark soy sauce, rice vinegar and water in a small bowl, then pour all over the ribs. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins – you can put the ribs in the fridge overnight if you prefer.
- Heat the oven to 150˚C/320˚F. Drain the ribs well (set aside any marinade) and toss in the cornflour. Heat the sesame oil in your Whatever Pan, then add the ribs, garlic, ginger and spring onion and fry until the ribs are golden. Season well.
- Add the remaining marinade along with 100ml/3.5fl oz. water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the red pepper and sweet potato and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 50 mins, then stir in the mangetout and cook for 10 mins more.